In March 2014 new solar capacity amounting to 155.805 MWp was installed, the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA), the German regulator, informed. Total German PV capacity eligible for support under the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) amounted to 36,152 MWp at the end of March. The regular 1% monthly degression of feed-in tariffs for the period May to July 2014 applies.
March additions range between the figures for January 2014 (193.047 MWp) and February 2014 (110.379 MWp). They compare with previous years as follows: 03/2010: 331.378 MWp; 03/2011: 147.356 MWp; 03/2012: 1,222.770 MWp; 03/2013: 288.809 MWp).
Based on the latest information published by BNetzA (please note that figures may subsequently be corrected upon new information without leading to a new publication of the monthly figures), the March 2014 capacity additions lead to the following table of German PV capacity eligible for financial support pursuant to the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG).
|End of 2008||6,120|
|End of 2009||9,921.572|
|End of 2010||17,299.250|
|End of 2011||24,784.484|
|End of 2012||32,388.626|
|End of 2013||35,692|
* corrected figures, average change 0.1%
2. PV Feed-in Tariffs May to July 2014
As newly installed PV capacity stayed within the 2.5 to 3.5 GWp target corridor laid down in Section 20a EEG, in the previous three months, the monthly degression for the period May to July 2014 is 1% (Section 20b para. 1, 8 and 9 EEG). The 1% degression translates into solar feed-in tariffs as shown here.
Please note that the government adopted a draft bill amending the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) with the aim to contain the costs for the support of renewables under the EEG. The bill, which is scheduled to enter into force on 1 August 2014, is currently in the legislative process (regarding the bill, its effects on solar power and the next steps, please click here).
Source: Federal Network Agency
- 110.414 MWp: New Solar Capacity in February Again Fairly Low
- New Solar Capacity Added in January 2014 Picks Up But Remains Fairly Low
- PV Feed-in Tariffs 2014 – 3.3 GWp in 2013, 1% Degression from February to April 2014Germany on Track for Solar Target Corridor in 2013 – 219 MWp Added in November
- Germany on the Road to Reaching 2.5/3.5 GWp Solar Target Corridor – 226 MWp Installed in October
- Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.4% for November 2013 to January 2014 – 290.894 MWp Installed in September
- 309.240 MWp New German PV Capacity in June, 34.2 GWp Total – 1.8% Monthly Decrease Continues
- BNetzA: 344.225 MWp of New Solar Capacity in May 2013 – 33.9 GWp Total
- April 2013 Sees Solar Additions of 368 MWp, 33,533 MWp Total
- 290.470 MWp New Solar Capacity in March – Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.8% As of May
- 211 MWp: German Solar Growth Again Moderate in February
- 275 MWp New Solar Capacity in January 2013