225.957 MWp of new PV capacity were installed in October 2013, the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) informed. Total German PV capacity eligible for feed-in tariffs amounted to 35,308 MWp at the end of the month, according to the agency, with 2,914.615 MWp added so far this year. If new capacity for the remaining two months stays on this level, Germany will reach the upper level of its solar target corridor of 2,500 to 3,500 MWp per year for the first time.
Based on the latest information published by BNetzA (please note that figures may subsequently be corrected upon new information without leading to a new publication of the monthly figures), the October 2013 capacity additions lead to the following table of German PV capacity eligible for financial support pursuant to the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG).
|End of 2008||6,120,000|
|End of 2009||9,921,572|
|End of 2010||17,299,250|
|End of 2011||24,784,484|
|End of 2012||32,388,626|
* revised figures from BNetzA due to later correction notifications. Please note that figures from 2012 have apparently also been revised, which is not yet reflected in the above table as revised figures for the previous years are not available. In the link below BNetzA reports a total of 35.308 MWp per 31.10.2013.
Source: Federal Network Agency
- Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.4% for November 2013 to January 2014 – 290.894 MWp Installed in September
- Energy Positions in Pre-Election Television Debate Between Chancellor Merkel and Social Democrat Opponent Peer Steinbrück
- 2013 German Election Energy Party Profiles – Part 2: Future of the EEG Surcharge and Electricity Tax
- KfW: Fewer Financing of PV Projects, Increasing Commitments for Offshore and Considerable Demand for Energy Efficiency Loans
- 309.240 MWp New German PV Capacity in June, 34.2 GWp Total – 1.8% Monthly Decrease Continues
- BNetzA: 344.225 MWp of New Solar Capacity in May 2013 – 33.9 GWp Total
- April 2013 Sees Solar Additions of 368 MWp, 33,533 MWp Total
- 290.470 MWp New Solar Capacity in March – Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.8% As of May
- 211 MWp: German Solar Growth Again Moderate in February
- 275 MWp New Solar Capacity in January 2013