An ordinance amending the electricity and gas grid charges ordinances (StromNEV and GasNEV), the Incentive Regulation Ordinance (ARegV) and the Electricity Grid Access Ordinance (StromNZV) has been published in the Federal Law Gazette of 21st August 2013. The amendments include changes to the network charges for large electricity consumers.
The amendment of Section 19 para 2 Electricity Grid Charges Ordinance (Stromnetzengeltverordnung – StromNEV) no longer provides for a full exemption from grid fees for eligible energy-intensive companies, but reintroduced staggered reductions of the grid fees. In principle, the amending ordinance entered into force the day after promulgation. However, exemptions that have already been granted shall expire 31 December 2013. Otherwise the new exemption regime shall apply retroactively as of 1 January 2012. Further modifications of the grid fee exemptions will enter into force on 1 January 2014.
An amendment of the Incentive Regulation Ordinance (ARegV) aims to improve the conditions for investment in high voltage levels of distributions networks that previously only covered transmission networks.
For more detailed information on the above amendments and further modifications, please see the blog posts below.
Source: Federal Law Gazette
- Cabinet Approves Changes for Network Charges for Large Electricity Consumers and Revision of Incentive Regulation
- Federal Council Approves Amendments of Electricity and Gas Grid Charges Ordinance and Incentive Regulation on Conditions
- Federal Cabinet Adopts Bill Amending Electricity and Gas Grid Charges Ordinance and Incentive Regulation
- OLG Confirms Return on Equity Rates for Electricity and Gas Grids
- Key Aspects of Amendment of Electricity and Gas Grid Charges Ordinance
- Chancellor Merkel Discusses Energy Policy Shift with Associations and Ministries
- Commission Opens In-depth Inquiry into Potential State Aid for Large Electricity Consumers Exempted from Grid Charges in Germany
- OLG Considers Grid Fee Exemption for Energy-Intensive Industry Void