344.225 MWp of new solar capacity were added in May 2013 in Germany, according to recent data from the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA).
This is less than in April 2013 (04/2013: 367.717 MWp), May 2011 (05/2011: 370.739 MWp) and May 2010 (05/2010: 573.176 MWp), however more than a year ago (05/2012: 254.232 MWp). The total of new installations up until May amounts to 1,488.30 MWp compared with 2,582.501 MWp at the end of May 2012. The high May 2012 total was particularly due to additions of 1,222.770 MWp in March 2012, the month before a major revision of the Renewable Energy Source Act (EEG) on solar feed-in tariffs.
With these additions, German installed PV capacity added up to 33,876,929 kWp by the end of May 2013. So there is still some room before installed capacity will reach the current 52 GWp PV cap in the EEG.
Based on the latest information published by BNetzA (please note that figures may be subsequently corrected upon new information without leading to a new publication of the monthly figures), the May 2013 capacity additions lead to the following table of German PV capacity eligible for financial support pursuant to the Renewable Energy Source Act (EEG).
|End of 2008||6,120,000|
|End of 2009||9,921,572|
|End of 2010||17,299,250|
|End of 2011||24,784,484|
|End of 2012||32,388,626|
Source: Federal Network Agency 
- April 2013 Sees Solar Additions of 368 MWp, 33,533 MWp Total 
- 290.470 MWp New Solar Capacity in March – Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.8% As of May 
- 211 MWp: German Solar Growth Again Moderate in February 
- 275 MWp New Solar Capacity in January 2013 
- 7,604 MWp: Another Solar Record in 2012 Triggers 2.2% Feed-in Tariff Reduction From February 
- 435 MWp of New Solar Capacity in November 2012 – More Than 32 GWp Total 
- Almost 612 MWp of New Solar Capacity in October 2012 
- BNetzA Announces 2.5% Degression of Solar Feed-in Tariffs for November to January 
- German feed-in tariffs 2012 
- Reduced German solar feed-in tariffs 
- EEG Clearing Agency Advises on Grandfathering Clause for Solar Feed-in Tariffs 
- EEG Amendment Cutting Solar Tariffs Promulgated 
- Bundesrat Clears Reduced German Solar Feed-in Tariffs 
- 2.3 GWp of Newly Installed German PV Capacity by End of April 2012 
- Bundestag Approved Mediation Committee Compromises for Solar FIT Reduction and CCS Bill 
- Mediation Committee Compromise for Solar Feed-in Tariff Reduction