Using excess electricity from renewable power plants to produce synthetic methane is one of the options currently being explored in Germany to meet challenges created by intermittent renewable energy. In this context the ManyElectronics Agency (dena) has launched the internet portal “Power to Gas” in cooperation with 20 partners from industry, science and associations. The internet site, which has just set up its own group on the business social network XING, shall help to examine the possibilities of methane storage.
It aims to define the challenges of methane storage and to find solutions for a successful development for what is called “power-to-gas” storage in Germany together with politicians and stakeholders.
The new XING group shall facilitate the information exchange of interested parties on technical and legal issues. Members will receive up-to-date information, including information on upcoming events, dena says.
- Welt am Sonntag: Gas Storage Inventories Reach Record Low
- New Forum to Pool Energy Research Activities in Germany
- 60 Energy Storage Research Projects Receive Financial Support
- Federal Government: Large-scale Use of Electricity Storage Facilities Currently Not Likely
- Federal Cabinet Adopts 3.4 Billion Energy Research Programme
- EUR 200 Million in Research Funds for Storage Facilities