The Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) presented a draft ordinance that shall provide more details on the recently introduced limitations on shutting down power plants to improve the security of supply.
An EnWG amendment adopted last year inter alia introduced provisions allowing the shutdown of power plants only under restricted conditions in order to improve the security of supply (Sections 13a and 13b).
Based on Section 13b BMWi now presented a draft ordinance, which further details these closure provisions, in particular with regard to a transparent procurement of reserve capacity and the shutdown of so-called system relevant power plants.
Source: Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology
- TSOs Activate Reserve Power Plants Due to Expected High Wind Power Input
- BNetzA: Operating Reserve for Upcoming Winter
- Continued Operation of Datteln Power Plant Units 1-3 in 2013
- Government Adopts Amendment Preventing Shutdown of Power Plants
- BNetzA Update of German Power Plant Capacity, New Build and Decommissioning Announcements
- BNetzA Report on Tense Electricity