On 23 November 2012 the Bill on the Market Transparency Agency for Gas and Electricity Wholesale Market passed the Bundesrat (Federal Council). The bill, which the Bundestag (Parliament) adopted at the beginning of November, contains important rules on the implementation of the European regulation No 1227/2011 on wholesale energy market integrity and transparency in Germany.
For further information regarding the bill please see the blog post on its adoption by the Bundestag.
The law still has to be promulgated in the Federal Law Gazette. It will enter into force the day after publication.
- REMIT: Bundestag Adopts Bill on Market Transparency Agency for Gas and Electricity Wholesale Market
- Federal Cabinet Adopts Bill on Market Transparency Agency for Gas and Electricity Wholesale Market
- BMWi Presents Bill on Market Transparency Agency for Gas and Electricity Wholesale Market
- REMIT – EU Legislation on Insider Trading and Market Manipulation in Wholesale EU Energy Markets Entered Into Force
- EU Council Adopts REMIT Regulation
- European Parliament Approves Regulation on Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT)
- BDEW: MiFID Reform May Lead to Applicability of Capital Requirements Directive for Energy Traders
- European Commission Proposes Rules for Wholesale Energy Markets to Prevent Market Manipulation and Insider Trading
- ERGEG Consultation on Regulatory Oversight of Energy Exchanges
- 10-Point Immediate Action Program for ManyElectronics Concept